Date Published: 02/13/2018
While testing the web or desktop (windows form) application, it is very important to consider given below testing types and checklist mentioned in each testing type. This checklist is almost applicable for all types of web and desktop application depending on the business/client requirements.
Security Testing involves the test to identify any flaws and gaps from a security point of view. Usually, major companies have special security testing teams and automated scanning and security vulnerabilities finder tools e.g. Fortify, Burp Suite etc. But it’s good for the tester to know the basic security testing checklist.
Test Scenarios for Security Testing:
- Verify the web page which contains important data like password, credit card numbers, secret answers for security question etc. should be submitted via HTTPS (SSL).
- Verify the important information like password, credit card numbers etc. should display in an encrypted format.
- Verify if the password is changed the user should not be able to login with the old password.
- Verify if the user is logged out from the system or user session was expired, the user should not be able to navigate the site.
- Verify the “View Source code” option is disabled and should not be visible to the user.
- Verify the user account gets locked out if the user is entering the wrong password several times.
- Verify if, any functionality is not working, the system should not display any application, server, or database information. Instead, it should display the custom error page.
- Verify the user roles and their rights. For Example, the requestor should not be able to access the admin page.
- Verify the important operations are written in log files, and that information should be traceable.
Performance testing is conducted to evaluate the compliance of a system or component with specified performance requirements.
General Test scenarios:
- To determine the performance, stability, and scalability of an application under different load conditions.
- To determine if the current architecture can support the application at peak user levels.
- To determine which configuration sizing provides the best performance level.
- To identify application and infrastructure bottlenecks.
- To determine if the new version of the software adversely had an impact on response time.
- To evaluate product and/or hardware to determine if it can handle projected load volumes.
How to do Performance testing? By Manual Testing or by Automation
Practically it is not possible to do the performance testing manually because of some drawbacks like:
- The number of resources will be required.
- Simultaneous actions are not possible.
- Proper system monitoring is not available.
- Not easy to perform the repetitive task.
Hence to overcome the above problems we should use Performance testing tool. Below is the list of some popular testing tools.
- Apache JMeter
- Load Runner
- Borland Silk Performer.
- Rational Performance Tester
- NEO LOAD
Keywords: Web Application Testing Checklist, Web Application UI Elements, Website Controls tutorial, Website UI controls